We envision a healthy region with an economy that works for everyone.
We organize to alter relations of power around issues like Worker Rights, Education, Water Rights, Environmental Justice, Disability Justice and Housing.
The Thriving Team meets on the second Wednesday of every month, minus every third month which will hold a DJJ General Meeting and a New Leader Orientation.
Join our May General Meeting on Tuesday, May 18th at 6pm!
LIAISON UPDATES (last updated: 4/21/2021)
- The People's Water Board (PWB) is planning for World Water Day, a significant cross-state, remote & in-person event. Nicole Hill is chairing the event planning, and needs more planners! If you are interested contact Barry ([email protected], (248) 701-7414) for the next planning meeting's zoom link!
- We're also looking for someone to help with the PWB communications committee - someone with tech skills to help with PWB website. If that's you, reach out to Allie at [email protected].
- The Michigan Caucus of Rank-and-File Educators (MICORE), Black Lives Matter Michigan, Detroit Area Youth Uniting Michigan (DAYUM), MI Ed Justice, Detroit Heals Detroit, and MI Students Dream all co-sponsored a petition to pause in-person schooling in Michigan until it's safe.
- AFT Michigan started a petition for Ron Weiser to resign from the University of Michigan Board of Regents and for the University to take the Weiser name off off all buildings. Sign it here!
- MIStudentsDream School Culture Committee, a 482Forward Action Team, is organizing educators across the district to create and implement content curricula that serves to educate, represent and empower our students. Our first goal is to uplift teacher’s concerns about the current curricula broadly and the need for anti-racism in our district curriculum. We would like to showcase educators’ stances so that we can highlight the need for DPSCD’s School Board to make anti-racism a priority in the district's curriculum. DPSCD Educators can fill out the survey here.
- Write a letter demanding an end to tax foreclosures during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more info!
- The Coalition for Housing Justice has been meeting with City Council members about the Coalition's fight to pass a city law that would compensate people who have been impacted by illegal over-assessments and property tax foreclosures. Stay tuned about updates on this!
- There is a Tax Day Action to highlight issues faced by real people during the pandemic and to demand the billionaires who just get richer to be held accountable. Sign up here!
- The Coalition is putting together video stories of impacted residents of these illegal foreclosures. If you know anyone who would like to share their story, point them to Kalen Luciano, [email protected]
- Detroit Disability Power (DDP) is calling for members! Find out more here.
- DDP is asking for folks to fill out its #MaxAccess vaccine accessibility survey. Check it out here!
- DDP is hosting virtual community care circles every 1st and 3rd Sunday from 2-4pm. Join fellow caregivers and other people with disabilities & chronic illnesses for conversation, reflection, and connection. If it feels like time to reconnect or learn reflection practices to help set new intentions and new patterns, then come on through! Register and request accommodations here!
Come back to this Thriving Team page for all your Thriving Team updates!
DO YOU SEE SOMETHING MISSING? Do you want to join an action but don't know how? Email Konrat at [email protected]