We envision a healthy region with an economy that works for everyone.
We organize to alter relations of power around issues like Worker Rights, Education, Water Rights, Environmental Justice, Disability Justice and Housing.
The next Thriving Team meeting is Wednesday, December 9th, from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. RSVP here!
LIAISON UPDATES (last updated: 11/12/2020)
- People’s Water Board is participating in an anti-racism training series with Tawana Petty. There are four DJJ leaders actively participating. Lori, Barry and Rabbi Moshe were a huge part of making the training happen.
- The People's Water Board needs a tech volunteer to set up google suite to organize many documents and emails related to issues.
- Contact your state senator and ask them to codify EO 2020-144 regarding water restorations and shutoff protection!
- Monitor a DWSD or GLWA meeting and take notes to share with our partners in the Water Justice arena.
Please allow the People's Water Board to send a postcard in your name, there is a good chance Gov. Whitmer's administration will not renew Gov. Snyder's permit to allow Nestle to take Michigan’s water for its own profit. The People’s Water Board plans to mail at least 500 postcards to EGLE Director Liesl Clark, asking her to withdraw the state permit for Nestle to pump an additional 400gal of water per minute from West Michigan groundwater for only $200 a year. Please join us in this effort to protect Michigan’s precious water from commercialization.Please send PWB an email at email@example.com with your name, email, and Michigan address so PWB can mail a postcard in your name.Please contact Mary Ellen Howard, RSM if you need more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Environmental Justice Team is participating in the Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition online summit.
- Join the Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition mailing list at email@example.com.
Join the Work for Me, DTE mailing list here.
- Sign up for the Planet Detroit newsletter here.
- Join DAYUM's virtual Youth Speak-Out on Sat. Nov. 14th 12-3pm! Register here.
- Learn about the demands of DPS students for equity in education here.
- Learn about issues students are currently facing with online learning here.
- We participate in the Coalition for Property Tax Justice by attending monthly meetings, supporting advocacy campaigns, and participating in work-group committees.
- We share anti-eviction information, canvassing events, as well as direct actions organized by Detroit Renter City and Detroit Eviction Defense.
- We support federal campaigns for fair housing and against evictions when relevant.
- Attend a Detroit Eviction Defense weekly meeting (Thursdays 6pm, St. John’s Church, 2120 Russell St. Detroit, MI)
E-Mail Konrat at firstname.lastname@example.org if anything catches your eye and you wanna get involved!
PREVIOUS CALLS TO ACTION
Come back to this Thriving Team page for all your Thriving Team updates!
DO YOU SEE SOMETHING MISSING? Email Konrat at email@example.com