Sunday, March 8th, 2020
2 - 8PM
Tangent Gallery & Hastings Street Ballroom
715 E Milwaukee Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
This intergenerational party is a keystone in our community. We're cooking up something amazing for you. RSVP below for a faster check in at Purim!
Here are a few things to keep in mind for the event:
- It's THIS Sunday! March 8th. It's ALSO Daylight Savings, spring forward! Don't forget to turn your clocks!!!
- Here's the itinerary for the day:
- 2:00pm Family Carnival by Dor Hadash and IADS with a service project led by Repair the World Detroit - RSVP separately at bit.ly/purim2020dorhadash
- 3:30pm Intergenerational Costume Contest
- 4:00pm Purim Spiel!
- 5:00pm to 8:00pm Dance Party with DJs Kenjiro + Mike Medow
- People of all ages are encouraged to wear costumes and dress silly
- There is a cash bar (credit cards accepted, minimum $10 charge)
- Food available for purchase by Guerilla Foods after 5:00pm
- We're grateful to have the Meta Peace Team, trained in nonviolent deescalation, holding space for our community to celebrate joyously and safely.
- This year Purim is at a NEW location! Tangent Gallery & Hastings Street Ballroom (715 E Milwaukee Ave, Detroit, MI) Scroll down for maps for street parking, accessible parking and entrance.
General Map of area (all street parking is free):
Where to find accessible parking:
Where's the entrance to this place?
Lookout for this giant sculpture:
- DJJ will mark off parking close to the building's main entrance for accessible parking
- One of two bathrooms is marked as accessible. This bathroom is marked as single person use. There is one side grab bar in the toilet stall.
- No foot pedals for sink operation
- ASL interpreter
- There will be live ASL interpretation during the Purim Spiel, and Movimiento Cosecha and We the People's presentation
- Navigation of space
- No entrances have steps
- All doors are manual, no automatic doors
- Everything takes place on the first floor, no steps
- In the interest of broader community health, if you are feeling ill or are symptomatic, please rest at home. We'll see you at the next party :)
- All food and drink will be handled by food service professionals
- We will have hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space
- Sanitizing wipes for surfaces will be available for use, including robust use during the Family Purim Carnival
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in all your Purim finery!!!
Actors performing 2019's Purim Spiel
715 E Milwaukee Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
Google map and directions