#1) How to Spread the Word:
Our goal is to get a hearing for Michigan House Bills 4393 and 4389/4390. These bills are in the Local Government Committee, so it's most important for us to mobilize constituents of the target districts (listed below) and people who have personal connections to committee members. At this stage of the campaign, we most need your help in finding these people.
- Click here for a script for a mass email or making a call to people in your network to spread the word.
- Click here for a template for a social media post.
- It is important that you ask target constituents to submit this form so we can get in touch with them. You can also submit the form personally if you know a target constituent.
#2) How to Contact Your Legislator:
- Are you a constituent of one of the committee members below? Awesome! Your support is very important. Click here for a script to contact your legislators in support of these bills.
- Not a constituent of the committee? It's still helpful for you to contact your representative and ask them to co-sponsor the bills. If they are already a co-sponsor, thank them for their support. Find a script and a list of the current co-sponsors here.
- Don't know who your representative is? Find out here. When you click on their page you will find their contact info.
- After you've contacted them, congratulate yourself and PLEASE fill out the debrief form here so we can keep track.