- In the Jewish Insider, Andy shared his thoughts on antisemitism, foreign policy, and how his Judaism is inextricably linked to the pursuit of social justice.
- Temple Emanu-El is one of the five synagogues we're working with to advance racial justice. In the Detroit Jewish News, Rabbi Zerwekh shared his thoughts on that process and making the congregation fit for the future.
- Read about Beth's journey towards becoming a better ally to people of color in Nu? Detroit
- Read about Kendra's efforts to build a multiracial Jewish community in Detroit through DJJ and Congregation T'chiyah here!
- Rabbi Alana's signing of an interfaith call for justice highlighted in the Detroit Free Press
- DJJ's efforts to end water shutoffs in Detroit highlighted in Detroit Jews for Justice Celebrates Detroit Moratorium on Water Shutoffs
- Rep. Andy Levin Talks Potential Labor Secretary Role, Biden Priorities- Andy Levin is a co-founder of DJJ and a former president of Congregation T'chiyah
- R. Alana quoted in Jewish Detroiters React to Election Outcome
- DJJ mentioned about their participation in a march against racism in the article, "Attacks on Black Family prompt Warren rally and march"
- R. Alpert quoted in "This is A Time for Outrage": Metro Detroit Jewish Organizations React to George Floyd's Death published by The Jewish News
- DJJ highlighted in the Metromode's article: "We have a long way to go towards racial equity, Metro Detroit"
- 'White Silence is Violence: Weekend Protest in Suburban Neighborhoods Support Black Lives Matter published by The Jewish News notes DJJ's involvement in local protests
- DJJ Mentioned in Jewish Philanthropy's article: What White Jewish-Led Institutions Can Do For Racial Justice Now
- Rashida Tlaib speaks about working with DJJ on social justice issues in her interview with The Jewish News
- Jewish high holidays at Congregation T’chiyah during the pandemic: "Zoom Yom Kippur kept the holiday spirit alive for my Detroit congregation" Published by Detour Detroit
- Democratic Congressman Andy Levin, former president of Congregation T'chiyah and chair of the steering committee at DJJ, speaks about the organization in "2020 Election Guide: Rep. Andy Levin"
- DJJ works with Upstart and the Jews of Color Initiative as part of the Jews of Color Career Development Program: "Jews of Color, UpStart launch you professionals career program" published by The Jerusalem Press
- Detroit Jewish News publishes DJJ Organizer Allie Zeff's "Detroit Jews for Justice Attend UAW Strike"
- R. Alpert's article, "Detroit Jewish group supports Tlaib, reject Trump's racist devision" published in Detroit Free Press
- The Detroit News, Fox2Detroit, Religious News Service, all publish articles about the #CloseTheCamps action outside of the Dearborn Police Department
- R. Alana quoted in Detroit Journalism Cooperative article, "Detroit Jews get the message of Trump's immigration order"
- Detroit Jewish News publishes DJJ Jewish Communal Leadership Program intern Lauren Fine’s “Chanukah Text and the Bravery to Act”
- Rabbi Moshe Givental publishes “Illuminating Water Justice” in the Detroit Jewish News, reflecting on our 2018 Chanukah gathering
- WXYZ, the Detroit Jewish News, the Detroit Free Press, and the Detroit News all cover the Pittsburgh vigil
- Detroit News publishes op-ed by Rabbi Alana Alpert and Dawud Walid regarding the Pittsburgh massacre titled, “Intolerance lies below the surface in America”
- Tikkun publishes Rabbi Alana Alpert’s and Reverend Bill Wylie-Kellerman’s join Rosh Hashanah sermon on water justice, “Disobedience Here Below”
- Detroit Jewish News features Program Associate's Valeriya Epshteyn’s reflection on Jewish participation and DJJ leadership in the summer of non-violent direct action, “Leading Michigan Poor People’s Campaign: Dozens of rabbis and lay leaders join together for social justice”
- Truthdig featured DJJ leaders in striking photos of the Michigan Poor People’s Campaign
- Jake Ehrlich takes a Jewish look at the Poor People’s Campaign in the Detroit Jewish News
- Ferndale Friends! publishes, "Rabbi Alana Alpert: A Jewish Voice in the Progressive Community"
- Chris Harrison’s blog on Jews of Color in Metro Detroit was picked up by Detroit Jewish news
- Eleanor featured in a Detroit Jewish News article highlighting politically active women
- R. Alpert reflects on civil disobedience through a Torah commentary in the Detroit Jewish News
- Leaders Jackson Koeppel, Aaron Appel, Eleanor Gamalski, and Carly Sugar featured in Detroit Jewish News' "36 Under 36"
- R. Alpert and 5 leaders featured in Detroit Jewish News “36 Under 36”
- DJJ’s participation in protests against the Muslim ban featured in Detroit Jewish News “Detroit Jews get the message of Trump’s immigration order”
- B.L.A.C. Magazine features Community Organizer Eleanor Gamalski in "Closing the Black-Jewish Divide in Detroit”
- Detroit Jewish News features our Purim shpiel: “Detroit Jews for Justice keeps the focus on education issues this Purim”
- Detroit Jewish News features our Syrian immigrant benefit concert with Daniel Kahn twice : “Detroit Jews for Justice Passover Event to Highlight Immigrant Solidarity” & “‘Let My People In’: Detroit Jews for Justice raises funds for refugees’”
- R. Alana featured in Detroit Jewish News as Avodah alumnus: “Avodah’s work toward social change attracts many Detroiters”
- Leader Marty Baum writes op-ed for Detroit Jewish News: “Time To Mobilize For Mass Transit”
- Detroit Jewish News features leader Lori Lutz in “Jewish community stands together with Chaldeans over deportation issue”
- Detroit News features R. Alana and Ruach leader Jake Ehlrich singing “Dayenu,” a Passover song with an activist lilt
- Intern Talia Schechet write op-ed for Detroit Jewish News: “Water is a Right”
- Leader Allie Zeff writes op-ed for Detroit Jewish News: “The Detroit Trash Incinerator is Environmental Racism”
- R. Alana was featured in NPR’s “On Point” discussing the challenges of millennial outreach in "Have Faith, Millennials"
- R. Alana interviewed for Bustle Magazine’s “How Antisemitism And Ivanka Trump Have Radicalized Young Jewish Women"
- Detroit Jewish News features water justice campaign: “DJJ panels looks at the effects of water shutoffs on local health”
- Model D features our work in “Reconnecting with their roots: The past, present, and future of Jewish life in the North End”
- Leader Kimberly Siegel urges regional transit ballot in Detroit Jewish News op-ed “Opinion: Why Vote For A Regional Transit Authority?”
- Co-founder and Steering Committee member Andy Levin urges regional transit ballot in Macomb Daily op-ed “Column: Detroit's mobility hopes are on the Nov. 8 ballot”
- Intern Eli Zucker urges regional transit ballot in Detroit News op-ed “Letter: Oakland County needs transit, too”
- Detroit Jewish News features R. Alana in “Jewfro: Schlep For Transit On Nov. 8”
- The Hub Detroit features R. Alana as part of a coalition of clergy supporting regional transit in “Faith in Transportation”
- Leader Hayley Sakwa reflects on the regional transit ballot in Detroit Free Press article “No matter who wins Tuesday's election, we all lose”
- R. Alana featured along with other Jewish leaders in processing election results: “What Next? Moving Forward After A Divisive Election”
- Detroit Jewish News features our event with the Executive Director of ACLU Michigan: “Detroit Jews For Justice Holds Forum With ACLU To Prepare For Trump”
- Former Program Director Blair Nosan writes “It’s Time to Care” for Detroit Jewish News
- Ferndale Friends! features R. Alpert in "T’chiyah Leader: Welcome Rabbi Alana Alpert as she joins Congregation T’chiyah, works for social justice, and nurtures her Detroit roots"
- In These Times features R. Alpert in “‘Privatization is not the solution’ Michigan Activists Fight for Water Justice: A six-day march from Detroit to Flint by a coalition of community organizations recently protested issues of water justice facing Michigan residents.”
- Detroit Jewish News highlights our peaceful Campus Martius demonstration for racial justice, “Miracles and Hope: Local Jews demand racial justice on Chanukah’s first night”
- R. Alpert publishes “In a Sukkah Frame of Mind” on My Jewish Detroit
If you would like to reach DJJ regarding a press feature, please click here to email our Program Associate