We envision system transformation and co-liberation with our marginalized neighbors.
We organize to alter relations of power around issues like White Supremacy, Antisemitism, Islamophobia, Police Accountability, Criminal Justice and Immigration.
LIAISON UPDATES (last updated: 11/12/2020)
- We continue our involvement in Cosecha Detroit and the Drive Michigan Forward Coalition.
- Cosecha is planning statewide actions to pressure Jack O’Malley, head of transportation Committee to have public hearing on a DLFA bill before 12/31/20. Two House Bills, 5192 and 5193 specifically address not needing documents to obtain a driver’s license and/or a Michigan State I.D. These bills were introduced last Fall, 2019 and are due to expire December 31, 2020. Cosecha is demanding a public hearing on these Bills be held immediately. They are asking that allies call Jack O’Malley to keep pressuring him. His phone number is 616-319-4505.
- Reach out to us if you want to join Cosecha Detroit Allies.
- On Saturday October 3rd, 20+ DJJ leaders showed up to the March Against Racism in Warren organized by SWARM and Detroit Will Breathe. Rabbi Alana Spoke, DJJ leaders provided snacks, ritual, and participated in the rally and march.
- Seth has been attending Wayne County Core meetings with Michigan Liberation.
- Hannah will be transitioning to working on the Georgia senate runoff elections, and won't be able to put attention on her role as liaison until after January. We are looking for a new person to lead the antisemitism/anti-white supremacy work for DJJ.
- We provide leaders with opportunities to learn and grow on topics related to white nationalism and antisemitism.
- After a year-long process, the Steering Committee has finalized an addition to our core principles which addresses antisemitism.
- Anne is working to deepen our partnerships with organizations doing work around queer liberation and reproductive justice, and is looking for people to support her.
- Education opportunity: check out the VOICES podcast from the Ruth Ellis Center.
E-Mail Konrat at email@example.com if anything catches your eye and you wanna get involved!
PREVIOUS CALLS TO ACTION
Saturday, October 3, 2020- A Sukkah of Solidarity: March Against Racism
Rabbi Alana addresses participants at the March Against Racism
DJJniks in action at the March Against Racism!
Come back to this Freedom Team page for all your Freedom Team updates!
DO YOU SEE SOMETHING MISSING? Email Konrat at firstname.lastname@example.org