Your vote is your voice - Make it Heard!
In what may be the most important election of our lifetimes, it is crucial that all who can, vote, and that every vote is counted. Voting is a constitutional right that allows citizens to shape the communities we live in. We know that our democracy has never represented everyone, but when more people vote, and more votes are counted, we have a better chance to build the government we deserve.
Many people living in the United States are not eligible to vote, or have been disenfranchised. This year the pandemic has added a new layer of challenges to voting this election season. It is a privilege to vote safely this election, so your ballot will speak not only for yourself, but also for the people who do not have the ability to vote.
However, the work does not simply end on November 3rd. Many mailed in ballots will still need to be counted after election day, and it is important to stay vigilant and ensure that every vote is counted.
These resources include guides on how to get out the vote and safely vote yourself, along with how to take action past election day.
Everything You Need to Know to Vote
Register to vote, check registration status, locate polling stations and drop boxes, track your ballot, etc.
- Attend a Michigan Fight Back Table "Barnstorming Session" - Register Here, sessions available twice a day through end of October
- The Frontline- Election Defenders! Training Series - work to combat voter suppression on 11/3
- Count Every Vote Training Calendar - plug into the national network of resource-sharing and skill-building
- Tikkun Leil with T'ruah - Tune-in to a progressive, Jewish space for processing the early results on the evening of 11/3
Election Reporting and Voting Data
- Election Night Integrity Project A project of Data for Progress and VoteAmerica that provides live 2020 election results, as well as guides and commentary.
- Data for Progress
Resources for Organizers - (that's YOU!)
- We Make Michigan- Election Messaging Guide 2020
- Stopping the Coup: The Disruption Guide for 2020
- Choose Democracy